Saturday, June 26, 2010

iPhone 4

On June 23 I recieved my iPhone 4. I upgraded from 3G, and overall it is an amazing experience. The first thing you will notice is the display is incredible. It's hard to imagine using the 3G after just a few minutes on the 4. The second major thing is that it is really fast. I am sure 3GS users won't see as much as a difference but 3G users are in for a treat.

The cameras are nice but not as great as I was hoping. The back camera is pretty nice but the front one is notiably lacking.

The battery is great. I love the compass since it shows you the direction you are facing on the map. Make sure you calibrate it though. Otherwise it could point totally the wrong way. The voice quality is great.

Now I did experience 2 issues. First in just 2 days I got a nasty scratch on the back apple logo. Second, in weak cell areas I do see the bars drop like so many people have reported. I got a clearish white Belkin case which seems to alleviate both issues. I kinda feel apple may have know about the antenna issue and should have included a free bumper to prevent it.

All in all I love the new phone. I just wish apple handled the pre order better, included the bumper, and made the glass harder to scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment